You are here
CARROLLTON, Texas – Dylan Menante tied the lowest round of the day at 4-under and the Pepperdine men’s golf team remained in third place after Monday’s second round at the Maridoe Collegiate Invitational.
The Waves have a two-day total of 596 (302-294) at the par-72 Maridoe Golf Club. They headed into Tuesday’s final round four shots back of Oklahoma State and three behind Baylor.
The Big-12 heavy tournament includes the top four teams in the national rankings when last season ended in March: Pepperdine, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and Texas.
- Playing as an individual, junior Joe Highsmith (Lakewood, Wash./Bellarmine Preparatory School) is tied for fifth place at 145 (72-73). He had three birdies today, including on 1 and 18.
- Sophomore Dylan Menante (Carlsbad/Sage Creek High School) moved up 29 spots in the standings thanks to his 4-under 68 and is now tied for 11th at 147 (79-68). He was 3-over after four holes but ran off three straight birdies twice, first on 6-7-8 and again on 10-11-12. He wound up with eight birdies on the day.
- Sophomore William Mouw (Chino/Ontario Christian High School) is tied for 13th at 148 (74-74). He had two birdies in the second round.
- Senior RJ Manke (Lakewood, Wash./Bellarmine Prep) is also tied for 13th at 148 (71-77). He had one birdie today.
- Senior Joshua McCarthy (Danville/De La Salle High School) is tied for 43rd at 155 (80-75(. He had two birdies on the day.
- Junior Derek Hitchner (Minneapolis, Minn./The Blake School) is also tied for 43rd at 155 (78-77). He had one birdie in the second round.
- Playing as an individual, senior Clay Feagler (Laguna Niguel/Dana Hills High School) is tied for 59th at 162 (85-77). He had two birdies today.
- Playing as an individual, freshman Caden Fioroni (San Diego/Torrey Pines High School) is 71st at 166 (83-83). He had one birdie on the day.
Pepperdine was paired with Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas for Tuesday’s third and final round.
Team Scores: 1. Oklahoma State 592; 2. Baylor 593; 3. Pepperdine 596; 4. Texas 597; 5. North Texas 598; 6. Kansas 602; 7. Oklahoma 605; 8. Texas Tech 607; 9. Iowa State 621; 10. Coastal Carolina 627; 11. TCU 630; 12. East Tennessee State 632.
Top Individuals: 1. Luke Kluver (Kansas) 140; 2. Kyle Hogan (Texas Tech) 142; T3. Austin Eckroat (Oklahoma State) 144; T3. Ryan Grider (Baylor) 144; T5. Joe Highsmith (Pepperdine) 145; T5. Lachlan Barker (Iowa State) 145.
— Roger C. Horne